Monday, June 18, 2007

February 1, 2008.

The much anticipated due date has arrived! Via Dr. Stice at University of Louisville Hospital.
Caleb and I went this morning for a very invasive first appointment with my doctor. (Details given by special request only!) All is well. I'm healthy, normal, and so far our tiny and other-worldly looking baby is too. I'll be 8 weeks on Friday. My next appointment is July 18. I've also included a somewhat tacky pregnancy ticker, mostly for Grandma's, close friends, and anyone else who is interested in the goings-on inside my uterus.
Since we are currently (but only temporarily, thanks to our Great Provider, and my hard-working husband) sans insurance, we are seeking prenatal care at University Hospital. It's ultimately a large clinic. While the care is great and the doctors and nurses are knowledgeable, patient, and kind, the overall experience is slightly, well, it's sad really.
Both times we've been so far, the waiting rooms are packed, I mean jam-packed, with people. Mostly young, I mean very young, girls who seem to be either terrified, depressed, or downright angry. At first, I'm angry, because, hey! i'm paying for those babies! Then my emotional state settles on upset, because, hey! are these babies going to have daddies? i mean involved, loving, and providing daddies? Then I'm heartbroken. For the girls, for their babies. Then I feel glad that I'm a taxpayer, helping to provide for those babies. And then I hear some of the girls speak, and then I'm angry again! Needless to say, the waiting room is a very emotionally uncomfortable place to be.

Really it would be best if they would just give all of those babies to me. I can name lots of families (with daddies, i mean, daddies who love the mommies) who would love them some babies!

I just realized that I never made a formal announcement about the pregnancy! Oh well, I figured everyone already knew! In case you didn't, "I'm with child!"

3 comments:

Nathan said...

nice, i can understand how seeing and hearing all the little girls that made bad decisions upset you. that situation would upset me. seeing how most of those girls only see the miracle they are carrying as that mistake that happened after that one night stand. how i wish that all babies were born into loving MARRIED couples like you and caleb, they would be blessed.

Alisha said...

You can have them ship one of those babies to us!

Paula-Beth said...

i am over the MOON for you, girl!! You are going to be such a great mommy--in fact, you already ARE an amazing mommy! Have you ogtten to have an u/s yet? And I want to hear more about this "very invasive" appointment! hehee:-)

love and miss ya!