I'm so bored!
Please, somebody out there tell me that I'm not the only one who has ever gotten so bored while at work. Please hear this, I enjoy my job and this boredom is rare. It's just that today is soooooo blah!! And I'm busy today, I am. I have a list of projects that I'm working on. In fact, I'm working on it right this second! (Well, really a large machine is doing the work, I'm just killing a few minutes before I can proceed with the next step). Most of what I've done today involves waiting.
What I've done while playing the waiting game:
**Read the Bible. (not the whole thing)
**Organized digital archives of Highview publications.
**Neatly stacked 4000 sheets of 12x18 paper in a large cabinet.
**Wrote a thank you note to my Grandpa Paul & Yvonne.
**Cleaned out my purse. (found a bottle of silver nail polish, a 100 calorie pack of shortbread cookies, 2 old pay stubs (whoops! i'll file those when i get home), multiple walgreens receipts, a camera battery (there it is!), 3 lipglosses (because you NEED that many. . . ), and some loose Gobstoppers (i didn't eat them, but i was tempted!)
**Polished my toenails silver (hey, why not!).
**Made a "for the drive home" playlist on my iPod. (like you've never made a random playlist!).
**Did a little online 'shopping' (see paragraph below for specifics).
So, there you have it. Now I suppose I can add blogging to that list. Anyhow, the highlight of my workday so far has been my success in finding the perfect cashmere hoodie. (One which I will never actually own, but don't worry! I'll live!).

Isn't it just spectacular? I mean really, who doesn't want an incredible red cashmere sweater?? You can buy me, er, I mean, look at this one here. And seriously, this is J. Crew we're talking about, so of course it's not called red! It's called heather cayenne!! How fancy!
Sorry if you're bored to tears reading this. I am. If you want something substantial to read, let's face it, my blog has never been the place to come for that.
Questions for my patient readers:
1. What have you done while bored at work?
2. What do you think is the ultimate "drive home" song?
3. Have you ever owned an awesome bright red sweater?
7 comments:
1. I usually quench boredom with wikipedia searches. Or I just go home. That's the benefit of being self-employed.
2. I think I'll vote for "Already Gone" by The Eagles. iTunes users can link HERE
3. I used to have a great red fleecey. Does that count?
1. **Read blogs and check Facebook/MySpace
**Check Stuff on My Cat
**Doodle
**Find a reason to walk to the Worship Center and do something over there
**Blog
**G-Talk/AIM
**Photoshop
**Look through drawers (you never know what you'll discover!)
2.Right now I'm in a bit of a Foo Fighters mood and would say Stacked Actors from their album There is Nothing Left to Lose. My answer would probably be different tomorrow, though.
3. No, but I have an Aquabats album that has a song called Red Sweater!, and I used to listen to it a lot.
1.try to find things to keep me busy or at least make me LOOK busy.
~move stuff around/orgnize
~take the garbage out
~go into the bathroom just to watch movies/podcasts on my ipod.
2. hmmm most of the time i drive home in complete silence. is that strange? i mean i listen to stuff any other time but yea silence.
2. hmmm i think when i was a kid i had a red pull over fleece.
1. I don't get bored. Seriously. Haven't been bored in at about a decade.
2. It changes daily, but I could vote for "The District Sleeps Alone" by The Postal Service.
3. I have a red hoodie from my U of I dorm days...Townsend 5 South, in Otis we trust!
good song suggestions, everyone! my pick from my list yesterday would have been "say it ain't so" by weezer.
chase, i envy that you go home when bored. and great red fleecey totally counts.
alisha, i found a red sweater with an alligator, like the one in the song. it just happens to be cashmere as well! Here it is.
nathan, it's not strange to drive home in silence. sometimes it's nice to drive in silence. and once i watched an episode of the office while i was waiting for a bunch of stuff to print. nice!
mad hatter, what's your secret for keeping out of boredom's grip? also, you are always welcome to reminisce about college days on my blog.
let's all just bring the 'red sweater' back in style.
im the chairman of the bored
anonymous. . .
i think it's time i reveal your secret identity!!! hmmm, lets see, all lowercase type sans any punctuation. overused phrase uttered at any mention of the word 'bored' . . .
it must be:
Dave Sipe.
P. David Sipe.
DAD!!
i knew it was you!
Post a Comment