Sunday afternoon at the Louisville Zoo.
Caleb and I spent a few hours at the zoo. We enjoyed a free lunch provided by the YMCA of Greater Louisville; it was staff appreciation day! I enjoyed walking around and seeing all the animals and Caleb enjoyed brushing up on his wildlife photography skills! I really only had one goal, to see Scotty, the new baby elephant! However, we missed him! But that's ok, because now we know his exhibit hours, and I watched a video of him on the zoo's website. You should watch it, it's really cute! An elephant's gestation period is around 22 months! Yikes! Either way little Scotty is super fun.
Here are some of 'my photos' and lots of 'not my photos.' (The first 2 are 'my photos' and the rest are Caleb's)

I liked this kid's band aid on his head!

We loved the tiger. He's HUGE!


The Polar Bear had mannerisms similar to Luther. Ha!
3 comments:
One time I went to the Cincinnati Zoo with my friend Nate and we saw a lemur exhibit, but there weren't any lemurs in it. There was caution tape that said "Dangerous" and an old man was in the exhibit. I think he was painting or something, but we called it the Dangerous Old Man exhibit. Of course, that was the one time I forgot my camera.
I hope the Luther-like polar bear mannerisms didn't involve crashing through a gate. People could die, you know?
no, no. no gate-crashing! (thank goodness! because people would die!) it was mostly just the way he moved, and let his giant tongue slobber all over everything.
Post a Comment