Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Update: for grandmas, friends, and others.
This morning was doctor appointment #3. Dr. Stice assured me that everything was progressing nicely. So far, mother and baby are healthy and normal. We listened to the baby's heartbeat. Wow! It was awesome. And it was fast! At least, it seemed fast to me. 166 beats per minute, which the Dr. said was perfectly normal. I wish I could have recorded it for you all to hear. Maybe next time, even though something inside tells me it's probably frowned-upon to show up to your Dr. appointment with a recording device! Ah, well.

I have been feeling fine lately. Tired still, but at least not sick! I'd say, if the worst of the sick-y symptoms are over, it was not at all bad. I must be truly blessed with a, so far, easy goin' pregnancy. In a couple more weeks I'll be through the first trimester. That seems crazy. I'm guessing I'll be getting to buy some new clothes soon!

**painting: "Made in USA" by Astrid Lee.

2 comments:

Alisha said...

I don't think it would be weird to record the heartbeat. Tarah did with Bekah's!

Keli B. said...

i'm learning now that is is actually quite common to record the heartbeat. when i've told most people that i've heard the heartbeat, their response is "oh, did you record it?"

well, in the event that its heart is still beating on august 15, we'll have something for you to listen to.